Monday, July 6, 2009

Music (Re-updated with songs working)

I really like the music here and I’d like to share two items with you.

This is some Cape Verde music that Dany, STeP UP’s director’s driver and employee, shared with us. The artist is Bana and the album is Livro Infinito. The songs are pretty slow but talented and beautiful.



This song is more of a club song but it get’s everyone moving. There is a part where he says something to the effect of, “guys make noise” and then tells the girls to clap three times. It’s really fun to hear this in more of a party environment. The artist is Afroman and I can’t recommend anything else by him. It’s probably best that I don’t know what he’s saying.

2 comments:

  1. Love the music! Hope you'll bring some of it home. I wish I knew what the lyrics said, though. Your description of the evening at the disco sounds like you had a great time.
    xxoo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't Afroman do "And then I got high" song? lol. your links didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete